KK

Default text boxes

Hello,

My document has text (and pictures) entered into several text boxes laid out
nicely on the page. The problem is that if I change the size / position of
any of the text boxes, even by a tiny amount, the other text boxes suddenly
change position dramatically. I assume the problem is in the
format/textbox/layout but I'm still struggling.

Could you advise me please?

Thanks

KK

TF

Right-click on the edge of a Text Box and select Format text Box. Click on
the Layout Tab and Advanced button. Now set the absolute position, clear the
Move With text option and check the Anchor option. That should make the Text
Boxes stable. When you create a document, insert your first Text Box, make
the changes above and format it as you want it (border, size, internal
margins, etc.) and then when it is absolutely right, right-click on the edge
of the Text Box and select the Set AutoShape Defaults option. This will make
any new Text Boxes have the same Properties as you have just created 9except
for the size). Alternatively, you can use the Control Key to drag a copy of
the original Text Box to a new location to retain everything including its
size.

--
Terry Farrell - Word MVP
http://word.mvps.org/