Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Robert Robert is offline

Default building blocks

Hi,

I have created a number of Building Blocks in Word 2007. I would like to
save these on my friends machine so she can use them, first of all is it
possible and secondly how

Many thanks

Robert
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jay Freedman Jay Freedman is offline

Robert wrote:
Hi,

I have created a number of Building Blocks in Word 2007. I would like
to save these on my friends machine so she can use them, first of all
is it possible and secondly how

Many thanks

Robert

Yes, it's possible.

First start Word and save the new blank document as a Word 2007 template
(.dotx file). Save it in the same folder as Building Blocks.dotx; that
folder can be reached by entering this in the address line of the dialog:

%appdata%\Microsoft\Document Building Blocks\1033

(or a different language identifier number if your installation isn't US
English).

Now click Insert Quick Parts Building Blocks Organizer. In the list,
click one of the building blocks you want to share, and click the Edit
Properties button. In the next dialog, open the Save In dropdown and choose
your new template, then click OK and answer Yes to the prompt about
redefining the entry. Repeat for each of the others to be shared.

Note that this moves the entries from one template to the other; there is no
provision for copying entries. As long as the new template stays in the
folder, its entries will be available just as if they were in Building
Blocks.dotx.

When you've changed all the entries you need, close the Organizer, close
Word, and answer Yes to any prompts about saving changes in the templates.

Copy the new template and save it in the same place on your friend's PC.
Word will automatically load all templates that are stored in the Document
Building Blocks folder and any of its subfolders.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman