Bunger

Default Text boxes in Word

I am using a lot of text boxes in a particular Word doc. I have already
inserted about 20 text boxes on one page. All of the sudden, now, every text
box I insert takes on the text of an already existing box. I have not linked
the boxes in any way. Why is this happening and how can I stop it?

Bunger

I agree, however, I do not have an option. This is part of a 45 page report
and the client requires all reports in Word. I pondered using a
graphic/photo program, but that is not easy to edit (and there will be much
editing). I also attempted creating a powerpoint slide and inseting it as an
object, but the text is blurry. Ug! Any ideas?

"Bunger" wrote in message
I am using a lot of text boxes in a particular Word doc. I have already
inserted about 20 text boxes on one page. All of the sudden, now, every

text
box I insert takes on the text of an already existing box. I have not

linked
the boxes in any way. Why is this happening and how can I stop it?

If you are using text boxes to insert pictures, then that's part of the
problem to begin with. The text boxes are not required; just insert the
pictures and change the wrapping to the appropriate style using the Text
Wrapping button (dog icon) on the Format Picture toolbar.

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

Word is not the best application to use if you need that many text

boxes.
What are you trying to accomplish? There may be a better way to do it.

newsgroup so
all may benefit.

"Bunger" wrote in message
I am using a lot of text boxes in a particular Word doc. I have

already
inserted about 20 text boxes on one page. All of the sudden, now,

every
text
box I insert takes on the text of an already existing box. I have not

linked
the boxes in any way. Why is this happening and how can I stop it?

Bunger

I'm using the text boxes to insert text, actually. I am creating a continuum
of shopper preferences on a positive-neutral-negative scale. Each box must
be color coded to indicate which audience made the comment. Each box of text
(each comment) must be displayed on the continuum in the appropriate color.
Tables do not work because they are stable, and immovable, they are very hard
to edit and move the text around to fit in additional comments.

What I need to understand is why - when I copy and paste a text box or when
I insert a text box - it takes on the text of an existing box. The boxes are
not linked and there is no reason a blank text box should adopt text.

"Bunger" wrote in message
I am using a lot of text boxes in a particular Word doc. I have

already
inserted about 20 text boxes on one page. All of the sudden, now,

every
text
box I insert takes on the text of an already existing box. I have not
linked
the boxes in any way. Why is this happening and how can I stop it?

Bunger

I'm inserting text actually. I am creating a continuum of shopper
preferences on a positive-neutral-negative scale. Each box must be color
coded to indicate which audience made the comment. Each box of text (each
comment) must be displayed on the continuum in the appropriate color. Tables
do not work because they are stable, and immovable, they are very hard to
edit and move the text to fit in additional comments.

Suzanne, thank you so much for trying to find alternatives, but what I
really need to understand is why - when I copy and paste a box or insert a
new box - it adopts the text from an existing text box. That simply should
not happen. And this is not the first time we've had to use mutliple text
boxes on a page in MS Word. So this is an issue that needs to be resolved.
I was on the phone with MS "help" and they couldn't even help. As a matter
of fact it was a complete waste of time and I had to raise my voice over the
man's voice because he was being so rude. I e-mailed the file to him and he
(and all of his collegues) were stumped.

"Bunger" wrote in message
I am using a lot of text boxes in a particular Word doc. I have

already
inserted about 20 text boxes on one page. All of the sudden, now,

every
text
box I insert takes on the text of an already existing box. I have not
linked
the boxes in any way. Why is this happening and how can I stop it?

Bunger

Yes please - alternatives would be wonderful! What I am doing is I am
creating a continuum of customer comments on a positive-neutral-negative
scale. Each box must be color coded to indicate which audience made the
comment. Each box of text (each comment) must be displayed on the continuum
in the appropriate color. Tables do not work because they are stable, and
immovable, they are very hard to edit and move the text around to fit in
additional comments, as the continuum is constantly being edited and revised.