Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Captain Apollo Captain Apollo is offline

Default Form Creation Issue - Attached without virus

Hello,

I have been entrusted to create a form that will be electronically filled
for my boss and although I have had experience with creating forms, I am
have some considerable troubles with it. I believe that the issue is
somewhere where I cannot find this.

It has been a little while since I have created a form and it was with
Office 2003. Now I am using Office 2007 and I have to use legacy forms
points because this document is to be used on Macs. I have included a
sample of the document in Office 2003 format. If you wish to unprotect the
document, the password is "saharadesert".

All efforts have been made to ensure that no viruses are in the document.

The problem are as follows:

The main document is written in Calibri Font, Size-10. The forms were
supposed to be written in Caibri Font, Size-10 however when I fill them out
in protected mode, it gets filled out under Net Times Roman, Size-12. This
size is my default size for Word.

Under normal circumstances in unprotected mode you simply highlight the form
section and select the font and size where that in protected mode it should
fill out in the font and size you have selected in unprotected mode. The
problem is that it is not working.

Can someone out there tell me where is it that I am doing it wrong.

Thank you for your response and Kindest Regards

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

Press Alt+F9 to display the field codes and add a \* Charformat switch
inside the closing } and then apply the desired formatting to the first
letter of the field code.

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP

"Captain Apollo" wrote in message
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Captain Apollo Captain Apollo is offline

Hello Doug,

I got the first part the Alt - F9. That certainly displayed the form
fields.

I just cannot get your second part as I am still lost.

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

When you press Alt+F9, you will see

{ FORMTEXT }

As mentioned, you need to insert a \* Charformat switch inside the closing }
When you do that, you will have

{ FORMTEXT \* Charformat }

Now select the F of FORMTEXT and from the Format menu, select Font and apply
the desired font.

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Captain Apollo Captain Apollo is offline

Apologies for the delay,

This time I understood however it still did not work.

I reverted back to the older Office 2003 and repeated the same functions and
it worked perfectly. The document became a template and then tried it on
Word 2007 where it still worked.

There has to be a solution or that people would go crazy about this as now
Word 2007 is a year old.

Is there a patch to this maybe?

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

It appears that you cannot use the \* charformat switch with a formfield.

You can achieve what you are after however having a macro that contains the
following code run on exit from the formfield

With ActiveDocument.FormFields("Text3").Range.Font
.Name = "Calibri"
.Size = 10
End With

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Captain Apollo Captain Apollo is offline

What happened to the "kiss" method.

In Word 2003, you simply highlighted the appropriate field, right click the
field, choose font etc. Now there has to be some sort of macro to complete
a simple task and is bothersome.

Well Doug, thanks for your help and I do appreciate it.

Kindest Regards

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

I would suggest that you consider using the Content Controls that are now
available in Word 2007 as they do not require the document to be protected
and as a result, you avoid the restrictions imposed by that protection.