Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
office07Maine office07Maine is offline

Default Split Screen in Office 2007

In Office 07, how do I split screen and work in 2 documents at once - either
2 word docs or one word and one excel doc? Thanks.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jay Freedman Jay Freedman is offline

office07Maine wrote:
In Office 07, how do I split screen and work in 2 documents at once -
either 2 word docs or one word and one excel doc? Thanks.

For two Word documents, there are several ways:

- If you Go to Office button Word Options Advanced Display and uncheck
"Show all windows in the Taskbar", you can open the two documents and then
in the ribbon, click View View Side By Side. Or you can click Arrange All,
which will stack the two documents above and below.

- If you go to the Options dialog and check "Show all windows in the
Taskbar", you can then right-click a blank spot in the Windows taskbar and
choose Tile Windows Vertically. This also works for two windows from
different programs, such as Excel and Word. Just make sure that all other
open programs are minimized before choosing that command.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

On Oct 9, 9:29 am, office07Maine
wrote:
In Office 07, how do I split screen and work in 2 documents at once - either
2 word docs or one word and one excel doc? Thanks.

Open the two documents, click the middle button in the upper right
(next to the red X) to shrink the window, and resize the two windows
(by dragging their sides, their bottom, or their bottom corners) until
they occupy as much of the screen as you need to see.

I sometimes have a Word document on 3/4 of the screen and a pdf open
in Reader on the left 1/4 of the screen for reference.

Screen fonts are not clear in Office 2007 Hugh Microsoft Word Help 3 July 27th 07 07:52 AM
How do I get rid of the split screen? asmith Page Layout 0 March 6th 07 03:01 PM
No Blue Screen With White Text in Office 2007? [email protected] Microsoft Word Help 2 March 5th 07 02:42 PM
Split Screen Dee Microsoft Word Help 1 February 24th 06 08:08 PM
Split screen Zoelle Page Layout 1 November 17th 05 04:24 PM