Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Dalin Dalin is offline

Default Track changes

I use track changes frequently in my work. I review documents, propose
changes, send them back to the author who will also make changes and send
back to me. often times an author will delete words/sentences/sections, which
I want to remain in the document. So I will reject the deletion, which causes
the words to be inserted back into the document, as if they were never
deleted. How does the author know that I rejected the deletion?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
djprius djprius is offline

What I have done in your situation is to type them in (with track
changes on) again. Then the author's deletion will show and your
insertion will show. The name and date will show for each (unless
you've removed the "metadata".

David