Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
WriterT

Default Why can't I change language layout back to U.S. English?

Hello,

After my word document was reviewed by others, I'm not sure, but I think my
default language layout was changed to a non-English language. If so, how do
I change it back to English?

Clues:

Format Menu, I see 'Asian Layout' as a submenu.
Formatreveal formattinglanguage layout lists 2 non-English languages and
English.
Formatreveal formattingfont: Lists 'times new roman' (default) and Asian
(SimSun).
Toolslanguage lists 'Japanese consistency checker' after 'set language'.
Toolslanguageset language indicates that English, French and Spanish are
checked. Maybe this means it's ok? however...
When I click Toolslanguageset languagedefault, it asks "Do you want to
change the default language to English U.S.? But when I click 'yes' and 'ok'
none of the items above change (e.g. I would expect the 'Asian Layout' menu
to disappear)and I'm asked again if I want to set the default to English U.S.
I exited word and went back in and still have the same outcome.

Has my default language layout changed? If so, I would be grateful for any
help.

I'm using Office XP Standard version 2002.

--
Thanks for your time and assistance.