Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
AmroK AmroK is offline

Default More than 9 sources in the same citation!

Hello people,

Can you please help me out with this.
I'm writing a dissertation using Word 2007 and I using the Bibliography tool.

I am trying to have more than 9 sources appear in the same citation /
placeholder but i have not been able to. When i edit the field, my sources
are in the field like they should be, but they wont appear in the document.

Any ideas? Please help!

Thanks in advance!
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Hi AmroK,

Without knowing the content of your source fields it may not be simple to understand what you're trying to accomplish.

Which Word 2007 bibliography style are you using?

Do the individual sources edit correctly in Manage Sources, and are they all for the same type of source document?

Is there a reason that they all need to be in a single placeholder in a single location within the text of the document?

How many characters total are there within the placeholder with the first 9 entries?

When you generate the bibliography do you get more than nine sources for a single placeholder result?

===============

--

Bob Buckland ?:-)
MS Office System Products MVP

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
AmroK AmroK is offline

Hi Bob,

Thanks for your reply. I'll try to answer your questions the best i can. I'm
sorry for not being clear before.

I am using an APA style Bibliography

All my sources edit correctly in the "Manage Sources" section. All my
sources are articles as well and i have managed to cite them both
individually and together with a couple other sources within the document.

The reason for me wanted to have so many sources in the same citation is
because I basically need to cite the sources which mention the topic that i
am discussing in my document. (i have reworded my paragraph now to include on
a few sources in each citation...but it would still be nice to know why i
cant have as many sources as i want)

Today, i managed to put in 10 sources in the same citation. The character
count went up to 380 (with spaces). However, after not being able to add more
sources...i edited the citation field i managed to put in as many more
characters as i wanted in using a suffix quote \f "asdfasdfasdf"

I am sorry but i'm not sure what you're asking from your last question. When
i generate my bibliography...i get all my sources (from the "Current List" in
the "Source Manager" listed down in alphabetical order like they should be.

I hope that this made things clearer. As i said...i have reworded that
section of my paper to include less sources...but it would be interesting to
know why i am having trouble citing as many sources as i want in one
placeholder.

Thanks again for you reply and your time.

Amro

"AmroK" wrote in message ...
Hello people,

Can you please help me out with this.
I'm writing a dissertation using Word 2007 and I using the Bibliography tool.

I am trying to have more than 9 sources appear in the same citation /
placeholder but i have not been able to. When i edit the field, my sources
are in the field like they should be, but they wont appear in the document.

Any ideas? Please help!

Thanks in advance!
--

Bob Buckland ?:-)
MS Office System Products MVP

citation et al Scott_B[_2_] Microsoft Word Help 1 October 31st 07 03:26 AM
My Data Sources Inobugs Microsoft Word Help 0 August 7th 07 12:24 AM
manage sources Katie Microsoft Word Help 2 February 6th 07 01:35 AM
data sources Alex New Users 2 September 21st 06 06:24 AM
using two sources Fay Mailmerge 0 September 16th 05 02:35 PM