Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers,microsoft.public.word.docmanagement,microsoft.public.word.application.errors
AJS AJS is offline

Default Printing Envelopes from Address Book

Hi,

In Word "Tools - Letters and Mailings - Envelopes and Labels" is a little
address book icon. When I click on it I get the message to log on to
Microsoft Exchange which I do not have.
Is there a way to insert addresses from my Outlook Express address book to
print envelopes?
Or does Word have its own address book?
Thanks
AJS

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers,microsoft.public.word.docmanagement,microsoft.public.word.application.errors

No, you can't use the OE address book, nor does Word have its own. To use
this button, you must use the Outlook Contacts list, and Outlook must be set
as your default mail client. Sorry.

http://word.mvps.org

"AJS" wrote in message
Hi,

In Word "Tools - Letters and Mailings - Envelopes and Labels" is a little
address book icon. When I click on it I get the message to log on to
Microsoft Exchange which I do not have.
Is there a way to insert addresses from my Outlook Express address book to
print envelopes?
Or does Word have its own address book?
Thanks
AJS

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers,microsoft.public.word.docmanagement,microsoft.public.word.application.errors
Gordon[_2_] Gordon[_2_] is offline

Suzanne S. Barnhill wrote:
No, you can't use the OE address book, nor does Word have its own. To use
this button, you must use the Outlook Contacts list, and Outlook must be set
as your default mail client. Sorry.

Interesting isn't it, the difference in ethos between a monolith like MS
and Open Office - Word will ONLY use Outlook contacts, whereas OO Writer
(the equivalent of word) will use any address database you tell it to -
Outlook, Thunderbird, Excel, Calc, (not sure about OE tho'!)

--
Asking a question?
your OS, Service Pack level
Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers,microsoft.public.word.docmanagement,microsoft.public.word.application.errors
Rich/rerat Rich/rerat is offline

Gordon,
The native word processor program in MS Works can use the Address book in OE.

MS Works & Outlook Express were developed for the Home environment.
MS Office and OUTLOOK were developed for the Office environment.

Rich/rerat
(RRR News) message rule
Previous Text Snipped to Save Bandwidth When Appropriate

"Gordon" wrote in message
Suzanne S. Barnhill wrote:
No, you can't use the OE address book, nor does Word have its own. To use
this button, you must use the Outlook Contacts list, and Outlook must be set
as your default mail client. Sorry.

Interesting isn't it, the difference in ethos between a monolith like MS
and Open Office - Word will ONLY use Outlook contacts, whereas OO Writer
(the equivalent of word) will use any address database you tell it to -
Outlook, Thunderbird, Excel, Calc, (not sure about OE tho'!)

--
Asking a question?
your OS, Service Pack level

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers,microsoft.public.word.docmanagement,microsoft.public.word.application.errors
Rich/rerat Rich/rerat is offline

AJS,
You will need to export from the OE Address Book, your Contact information as a
Comma Separated Value (*.CSV) file, and save it to your PC. Then use that as
your data source in MS Word for a mail merge.

"AJS" wrote in message
Hi,

In Word "Tools - Letters and Mailings - Envelopes and Labels" is a little
address book icon. When I click on it I get the message to log on to
Microsoft Exchange which I do not have.
Is there a way to insert addresses from my Outlook Express address book to
print envelopes?
Or does Word have its own address book?
Thanks
AJS

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers,microsoft.public.word.docmanagement,microsoft.public.word.application.errors
Gordon[_2_] Gordon[_2_] is offline

Rich/rerat wrote:
Gordon,
The native word processor program in MS Works can use the Address book in OE.

Thanks for the info!

--
Asking a question?
your OS, Service Pack level