Mary Lynn Baum

Default Problem with drag and drop.

Why do I get a "cannot drop in current location" message when I try to drag
and drop text in Word? The "drag-and-drop text editing" function is
properly checked.

Mary Lynn Baum

Nope, that's not it. I'm trying to move a phrase in the text from one place
to another within the same paragraph. I've done it hundreds of times, but
for some reason it's not working in this particular document.

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

You cannot drop text outside the document margins or below the End of
Document marker (the black underline in Normal view); that is, you cannot
drop text where there is not text already.

"Mary Lynn Baum" Mary Lynn wrote in message
Why do I get a "cannot drop in current location" message when I try to

drag
and drop text in Word? The "drag-and-drop text editing" function is
properly checked.

In that case, I haven't a clue unless the other place in the same paragraph
is inside a field of some sort.

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

You cannot drop text outside the document margins or below the End of
Document marker (the black underline in Normal view); that is, you

cannot
drop text where there is not text already.

newsgroup so
all may benefit.

"Mary Lynn Baum" Mary Lynn wrote in

message
Why do I get a "cannot drop in current location" message when I try to

drag
and drop text in Word? The "drag-and-drop text editing" function is
properly checked.

Robert Werner

I am also unable to drag and drop text from one paragraph to another in my
custom template. I recently added an AutoOpen macro to my document to
automatically hide the built-in Formatting toolbar. Would this have an impact
on the issue?
My macro looks like this:
CustomizationContext = ActiveDocument
CommandBars("Formatting").Enabled = False
CommandBars("MyToolbar").Enabled = True
CommandBars("MyToolbar").Visible = True