Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Hanibal

Default I can no longer highlight a word and delete it using "Backspace"

It is common for me to highlight a word or paragraph and hit the backspace
button to delete the word or parapgraph. Now when I do that, the cursonr
moves to the "home" position which is the beginning of the word or paragraph.
This must be an internal setting or a keyboard short cut that I advertently
changed. any ideas how to restore it, or is it a "key defect"?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Charles Kenyon

Tool Options Edit
Check "Typing replaces selection."