Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
stern88 stern88 is offline

Default Unable to download 2007 Calendar fromMS Templates gallery

I have successfully downloaded other templates from the MS Template gallery -
however, this 2007 Calendar results in the following error;

Error: The Microsoft Office Open XLM file (filename.dotx) cannot be opened
because there are problems with the contents.

Under details: "Elements and attributes in restricted namespaces are not
allowed.
Location: Part:/word/fontTaqble.xml, Line: 2, Column 158.

Word Version that I am using: Beta 2 (12.0.4017.1006) MSO (12.0.4017.1003)
BETA

Can anyone tell me how to resolve this problem ?
P. Stern
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
stern88 stern88 is offline

If anyone running the same version office would like to try this download and
let me know their results, here is the link

http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/te...CT101425251033
--
P. Stern

"stern88" wrote:

I have successfully downloaded other templates from the MS Template gallery -
however, this 2007 Calendar results in the following error;

Error: The Microsoft Office Open XLM file (filename.dotx) cannot be opened
because there are problems with the contents.

Under details: "Elements and attributes in restricted namespaces are not
allowed.
Location: Part:/word/fontTaqble.xml, Line: 2, Column 158.

Word Version that I am using: Beta 2 (12.0.4017.1006) MSO (12.0.4017.1003)
BETA

Can anyone tell me how to resolve this problem ?
P. Stern

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Tony Jollans Tony Jollans is offline

The Template works for me. The Beta is now out of date and about to expire
You need to get the RTM version if you are able; otherwise wait a week or
two until you can purchase it.

--
Enjoy,
Tony

"stern88" wrote:

I have successfully downloaded other templates from the MS Template
gallery -
however, this 2007 Calendar results in the following error;

Error: The Microsoft Office Open XLM file (filename.dotx) cannot be
opened
because there are problems with the contents.

Under details: "Elements and attributes in restricted namespaces are not
allowed.
Location: Part:/word/fontTaqble.xml, Line: 2, Column 158.

Word Version that I am using: Beta 2 (12.0.4017.1006) MSO
(12.0.4017.1003)
BETA

Can anyone tell me how to resolve this problem ?
P. Stern

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
stern88 stern88 is offline

Thanks for the feedback - This might sound funny, but what is "RTM" version ?
Also, I know that time is running out with the beta version that I am
running, but why can't I installed this particular template? I really don't
have a problem with any of the others.
If anyone can help - please post!
--
P. Stern

"stern88" wrote:

I have successfully downloaded other templates from the MS Template
gallery -
however, this 2007 Calendar results in the following error;

Error: The Microsoft Office Open XLM file (filename.dotx) cannot be
opened
because there are problems with the contents.

Under details: "Elements and attributes in restricted namespaces are not
allowed.
Location: Part:/word/fontTaqble.xml, Line: 2, Column 158.

Word Version that I am using: Beta 2 (12.0.4017.1006) MSO
(12.0.4017.1003)
BETA

Can anyone tell me how to resolve this problem ?
P. Stern

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Tony Jollans Tony Jollans is offline

RTM = Release To Manufacturing - that is the version that will be available
for purchase shortly and is already available for major customers, MSDN
subscribers, etc.

There is (probably) nothing wrong with the Template - it is (almost
certainly) the beta version of the software that has the problem and nobody
is going to investigate or fix that for you now. Sorry.

--
Enjoy,
Tony

"stern88" wrote:

I have successfully downloaded other templates from the MS Template
gallery -
however, this 2007 Calendar results in the following error;

Error: The Microsoft Office Open XLM file (filename.dotx) cannot be
opened
because there are problems with the contents.

Under details: "Elements and attributes in restricted namespaces are
not
allowed.
Location: Part:/word/fontTaqble.xml, Line: 2, Column 158.

Word Version that I am using: Beta 2 (12.0.4017.1006) MSO
(12.0.4017.1003)
BETA

Can anyone tell me how to resolve this problem ?
P. Stern

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Hi P.,

To add a bit to Tony's reply, you can replace the Office 2007 Beta with the 60 day trial copy from http://trymicrosoftoffice.com
If you are in Beta2 and have not previously updated to the Beta 2 Technical Refresh, which runs through March 2007, you may want to
add that update first (search on "B2TR" at http://microsoft.com/downloads) and resave your key files. Not all Beta 2 files work
with the Release version of MS Office 2007.

There are some templates online from the beta that don't work with the release version but the one you mentioned is a 'release'
product version.

=================
"stern88" wrote in message ...
Thanks for the feedback - This might sound funny, but what is "RTM" version ?
Also, I know that time is running out with the beta version that I am
running, but why can't I installed this particular template? I really don't
have a problem with any of the others.
If anyone can help - please post!
--
P. Stern
--

Bob Buckland ?:-)
MS Office System Products MVP

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
John McGhie [MVP - Word and Word Macintosh] John McGhie [MVP - Word and Word Macintosh] is offline

If you pasted that error message in, I would say there's a misspelling in
the XML.

Basically what it is saying is that the attributes that occur at that
position are not allowed in that XML NameSpace.

What that probably means is that the template is using a version of XML that
is later than the DTD configured in the beta version of Word that you have.

If it's not a misspelling, then there's nothing you can do about it.

Cheers

On 16/1/07 5:30 AM, in article
, "stern88"
wrote:

I have successfully downloaded other templates from the MS Template gallery -
however, this 2007 Calendar results in the following error;

Error: The Microsoft Office Open XLM file (filename.dotx) cannot be opened
because there are problems with the contents.

Under details: "Elements and attributes in restricted namespaces are not
allowed.
Location: Part:/word/fontTaqble.xml, Line: 2, Column 158.

Word Version that I am using: Beta 2 (12.0.4017.1006) MSO (12.0.4017.1003)
BETA

Can anyone tell me how to resolve this problem ?
P. Stern

me unless I ask you to.

John McGhie
Microsoft MVP, Word and Word for Macintosh. Business Analyst, Consultant
Technical Writer.
Sydney, Australia +61 (0) 4 1209 1410

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
stern88 stern88 is offline

Thank you everyone for the helpful responses. I believe the problem is as
noted by John - XML. I guess it's time to decide whether to keep 2003 or
upgrade to 2007. I love 2007, so that's where I'm headed. Just one more
question - what is DTD? As you can see, I really am not up to date on my
acronyms - Sorry !
--
P. Stern

wrote:

I have successfully downloaded other templates from the MS Template gallery -
however, this 2007 Calendar results in the following error;

Error: The Microsoft Office Open XLM file (filename.dotx) cannot be opened
because there are problems with the contents.

Under details: "Elements and attributes in restricted namespaces are not
allowed.
Location: Part:/word/fontTaqble.xml, Line: 2, Column 158.

Word Version that I am using: Beta 2 (12.0.4017.1006) MSO (12.0.4017.1003)
BETA

Can anyone tell me how to resolve this problem ?
P. Stern

me unless I ask you to.

John McGhie
Microsoft MVP, Word and Word for Macintosh. Business Analyst, Consultant
Technical Writer.
Sydney, Australia +61 (0) 4 1209 1410

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Tony Jollans Tony Jollans is offline

DTD means Document Type Definition. It is a formal definition of the
structure of an XML document defining the allowable combinations of tags
etc.

--
Enjoy,
Tony

wrote:

I have successfully downloaded other templates from the MS Template
gallery -
however, this 2007 Calendar results in the following error;

Error: The Microsoft Office Open XLM file (filename.dotx) cannot be
opened
because there are problems with the contents.

Under details: "Elements and attributes in restricted namespaces are
not
allowed.
Location: Part:/word/fontTaqble.xml, Line: 2, Column 158.

Word Version that I am using: Beta 2 (12.0.4017.1006) MSO
(12.0.4017.1003)
BETA

Can anyone tell me how to resolve this problem ?
P. Stern

--

Please reply to the newsgroup to maintain the thread. Please do not
email
me unless I ask you to.

John McGhie
Microsoft MVP, Word and Word for Macintosh. Business Analyst, Consultant
Technical Writer.
Sydney, Australia +61 (0) 4 1209 1410

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
stern88 stern88 is offline

Thnak you all so much !! I have downloaded B2TR and it is all working fine. I
was able to download the calendar that I needed and everything is working
fantastically. I really can't wait to get the retail version - or as I have
learned - the RTM.
Thank you again to everyone for helping me solve the problem and explaining
it all to me.
Much Appreciated !!
--
P. Stern