Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
rpr rpr is offline

Default I cant get windows to use office 2003 as default

Hi

I have both office 2003 and 2007 installed. I desperately want windows to
use 2003 when i click on a .ppt or .doc document. Even if I do "open
with..." and browse to the appropriate .exe and click the "Always use the
selected program to open this kind of file" box it still uses word 2007 or
ppt 2007 to open the file. the only work around is to directly open the
appropriate .exe, then browse my full directory to open the file i want.

please help!
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

The two versions share some directory entries which are at the root of the
problem. The trick is to make Office 2003 the default and then edit the
registry to prevent the reconfiguration - see
http://www.gmayor.com/Toolbars_in_word_2007.htm - but it will always be a
compromise.