Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
cheryl cheryl is offline

Default Image wrapping issues

I am battling word on a couple issues:
1. Even when I uncheck the move object with text, the image often
seems to have a mind of its own and refuses to be placed where I want
it. The only way I have found to resolve this is to change the
layout to "In front of text", place the image where I want it, and
then change the layout back to Tight. Is there some setting I am
missing that enables one to place and keep images where I need them to
be? This issue is becoming particularly problematic as images two
pages earlier seem to move when I change something on a completely
different page.

2. If there is a table anywhere close to the image, the image just
seems to "jump into" the table. This happens even though I unchecked
the "layout in table" setting. The only way I found to resolve this
was the same approach as above in 1--changing the layout to in front
of text

3. Sometimes the placement of an image causes extra space to appear
between lines in a paragraph. Most often this is resolved by tweaking
the position of the image or size, but it often forces me to make
less--preferred changes to the placement or size of the image or
caption.

Any help or clarity would be appreaciated
Cheryl