Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields

Default Data sources for different mailmerge letters

To create such a query, there will need to be a field in each table that
contains the relevant information to allow a link to be set up between the
tables.

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP

"Lee" wrote in message
how do I do that and Word will recognize it as OAL? How do I link two
tables
when there is not a match of data? The table I have has matching field
names, but the data in those fields are different. For example, both
tables
have a "name" field but the names in that field are different, so the
query
doesn't link the tables. I even tried to type the same name in both
tables,
ran the query and that worked, but Word did not recognize it as an OAL,
and
the edit button was greyed out when I tried to attach it to the mailmerge
document.

"Doug Robbins - Word MVP" wrote:

Use a Select query in Access to combine the required columns from the
individual tables.

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP

"Lee" wrote in message
I am working with Word 2003 and Access 2003 and I am using mailmerge to
complete some letters. I have multiple datasources that I use for
different
letters. I would like to use some of the "columns" in one database
with
some
other "columns" in another data base. I am currently cut an pasting
columns
and inserting them into an existing database, however, when I finish
that,
the datasource will not allow me edit the mailmerge recipients, to
enter
the
data to show up in the mailmerge letter. The only way that I can enter
the
data is to go to the Access database and enter the information and it
will
then show up in the mailmerge letter. Otherwise, I have to re-develop
the
whole datasource for the particular entries in need in the letter, is
there
an eaier way?