Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Leppy99 Leppy99 is offline

Default Deleting multiple checkboxes

Does anyone know of a way to delete multiple checkboxes in a Word document?
I download a schedule and it has a checkbox with 'Remind Me' next to it. I
can delete the 'Remind Me' using the Find and Replace function but the
checkbox remains. I also run a Macro to get rid of all the hyperlinks at one
time, it works great. Using W2K/Word 2000. Thank you
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jay Freedman Jay Freedman is offline

The answer depends on what kind of checkboxes are in the document.
Word has three kinds: form fields from the Forms toolbar, ActiveX
boxes from the Control Toolbox toolbar, and characters from certain
symbol fonts (see http://gregmaxey.mvps.org/Add_Toggle_Objects.htm).

If they're form fields, this macro will delete the checkboxes (but not
other kinds of form fields).

Sub DeleteCheckboxFormFields()
Dim ff As FormField
For Each ff In ActiveDocument.FormFields
With ff
If .Type = wdFieldFormCheckBox Then
End If
End With
Next ff
End Sub

Another way, without a macro, is to press Alt+F9 to display all field
codes and then run a Replace All to replace the expression

^19 formcheckbox

with nothing. This could also be incorporated in a macro, such as the
one you use to remove hyperlinks.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman

On Sat, 17 Feb 2007 21:09:15 -0800, Leppy99
wrote:

Does anyone know of a way to delete multiple checkboxes in a Word document?
I download a schedule and it has a checkbox with 'Remind Me' next to it. I
can delete the 'Remind Me' using the Find and Replace function but the
checkbox remains. I also run a Macro to get rid of all the hyperlinks at one
time, it works great. Using W2K/Word 2000. Thank you

Jarragum Jarragum is offline
Junior Member

I think the problem is that the downloaded check boxes aren't the same as the ones Word can put in. I wish I knew how they were put in then I could delete them all without using the longer method I've worked out. I highlight the sentence or paragraph for each box one at a time(without the box) then cut & paste them in the same order above or below them. When all the writing has been transferred, you can highlight all the lines that only have the boxes left in them and delete them all at once.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay Freedman View Post

wrote:

Does anyone know of a way to delete multiple checkboxes in a Word document?
I download a schedule and it has a checkbox with 'Remind Me' next to it. I
can delete the 'Remind Me' using the Find and Replace function but the
checkbox remains. I also run a Macro to get rid of all the hyperlinks at one
time, it works great. Using W2K/Word 2000. Thank you
Jarragum Jarragum is offline
Junior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jarragum View Post
I think the problem is that the downloaded check boxes aren't the same as the ones Word can put in. I wish I knew how they were put in then I could delete them all without using the longer method I've worked out. I highlight the sentence or paragraph for each box one at a time(without the box) then cut & paste them in the same order above or below them. When all the writing has been transferred, you can highlight all the lines that only have the boxes left in them and delete them all at once.
Can't believe I missed it. I've just fiddled with a downloaded Checkbox and was able to delete it normally. It took me a while to figure out the first solution I posted, as I couldn't get them to highlight individually & using 'none' on Bullets didn't do it either. I just deleted one on its own while still at the beginning of a sentence! I didn't notice because it doesn't highlight until you take your finger of the left mouse & you have to go right up to the first character in the sentence or it won't work. Once it is highlighted, press delete.