Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Toody

Default Can you import a Microsoft Publisher document into Word?

I am producing a newsletter in Word. However, one person is submitting an
article in Microsoft Publisher format. Is there a way I can import the
Publisher article into Word? Both programs are 2003.

When I try to open a Publisher document into Word, I only get odd symbols.

Any help would be appreciated.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Carol

Copy and Paste the article.
--
Carol A. Bratt, MCP

"Toody" wrote:

I am producing a newsletter in Word. However, one person is submitting an
article in Microsoft Publisher format. Is there a way I can import the
Publisher article into Word? Both programs are 2003.

When I try to open a Publisher document into Word, I only get odd symbols.

Any help would be appreciated.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
JoAnn Paules [MVP]

I was assuming the OP didn't have Publisher.

--

JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

"Carol" wrote in message
Copy and Paste the article.
--
Carol A. Bratt, MCP

"Toody" wrote:

I am producing a newsletter in Word. However, one person is submitting an
article in Microsoft Publisher format. Is there a way I can import the
Publisher article into Word? Both programs are 2003.

When I try to open a Publisher document into Word, I only get odd
symbols.

Any help would be appreciated.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Carol

Good call....
--
Carol A. Bratt, MCP

"JoAnn Paules [MVP]" wrote:

I was assuming the OP didn't have Publisher.

--

JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

"Carol" wrote in message
Copy and Paste the article.
--
Carol A. Bratt, MCP

"Toody" wrote:

I am producing a newsletter in Word. However, one person is submitting an
article in Microsoft Publisher format. Is there a way I can import the
Publisher article into Word? Both programs are 2003.

When I try to open a Publisher document into Word, I only get odd
symbols.

Any help would be appreciated.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
JoAnn Paules [MVP]

Unfortunately we don't know - people rarely ever give us enough information,
do they?

--

JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

"Carol" wrote in message
Good call....
--
Carol A. Bratt, MCP

"JoAnn Paules [MVP]" wrote:

I was assuming the OP didn't have Publisher.

--

JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

"Carol" wrote in message
Copy and Paste the article.
--
Carol A. Bratt, MCP

"Toody" wrote:

I am producing a newsletter in Word. However, one person is submitting
an
article in Microsoft Publisher format. Is there a way I can import the
Publisher article into Word? Both programs are 2003.

When I try to open a Publisher document into Word, I only get odd
symbols.

Any help would be appreciated.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Carol

No, unfortunately....
--
Carol A. Bratt, MCP

"JoAnn Paules [MVP]" wrote:

Unfortunately we don't know - people rarely ever give us enough information,
do they?

--

JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

"Carol" wrote in message
Good call....
--
Carol A. Bratt, MCP

"JoAnn Paules [MVP]" wrote:

I was assuming the OP didn't have Publisher.

--

JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

"Carol" wrote in message
Copy and Paste the article.
--
Carol A. Bratt, MCP

"Toody" wrote:

I am producing a newsletter in Word. However, one person is submitting
an
article in Microsoft Publisher format. Is there a way I can import the
Publisher article into Word? Both programs are 2003.

When I try to open a Publisher document into Word, I only get odd
symbols.

Any help would be appreciated.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
JoAnn Paules [MVP]

No. Tell the person who's sending you the data in Publisher to use Word.
He/she is probably not aware that Publisher files can only be read with
Publisher, which is not as common as I'd like.

--

JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

"Toody" wrote in message
I am producing a newsletter in Word. However, one person is submitting an
article in Microsoft Publisher format. Is there a way I can import the
Publisher article into Word? Both programs are 2003.

When I try to open a Publisher document into Word, I only get odd symbols.

Any help would be appreciated.

Is there something like wordperfect "variables" in microsoft word? Alebenco Microsoft Word Help 2 June 6th 06 04:18 PM
WP merge file to Word sstires Tables 4 February 14th 06 06:26 PM
How to reformat a complete document. wanda Microsoft Word Help 16 February 11th 06 11:43 PM