Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
slb

Default Word mail merge coming from Excel

I have a complex spreadsheet with multiple calculations and am merging the
data into Word. When I run the merge, I lose all formatting of the numbers,
and about 10 decimal places print. I have added round functions to my
formulas, but still haven't completly solved the problem. How do I bring in
commas, dollar signs and only 2 decimal points when merging with Word?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Doug Robbins - Word MVP

See "Formatting Word fields with switches" on fellow MVP Graham Mayor's
website at

Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP

"slb" wrote in message
I have a complex spreadsheet with multiple calculations and am merging the
data into Word. When I run the merge, I lose all formatting of the
numbers,
and about 10 decimal places print. I have added round functions to my
formulas, but still haven't completly solved the problem. How do I bring
in
commas, dollar signs and only 2 decimal points when merging with Word?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
slb

Thank-you, I was having trouble getting the switches to work. I found the
following explanation which solved my problem and was easier. (I am working
in Office 2003). http://www.http://www.uwec.edu/help/...-withxls-m.htm

"slb" wrote in message
I have a complex spreadsheet with multiple calculations and am merging the
data into Word. When I run the merge, I lose all formatting of the
numbers,
and about 10 decimal places print. I have added round functions to my
formulas, but still haven't completly solved the problem. How do I bring
in
commas, dollar signs and only 2 decimal points when merging with Word?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Graham Mayor

The link you posted referred to a different solution entirely. You could
have found that solution elsewhere on my web site. For the formatting of
Word fields the switch method is easier, so I am puzzled why you found it
difficult. If you coulkd explain your difficulty maybe I could improve the
page to make it more accessible.

"slb" wrote in message
I have a complex spreadsheet with multiple calculations and am
merging the data into Word. When I run the merge, I lose all
formatting of the numbers,
and about 10 decimal places print. I have added round functions to
my formulas, but still haven't completly solved the problem. How
do I bring in
commas, dollar signs and only 2 decimal points when merging with
Word?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Dean Dean is offline

Can you help me out. I have a similar problem with a mail merge and I can't
seem to use the web site you have indicated as my Word doesn't have the data
merge manager under tools. I can't solve the problem of reformatted my
numeric merge down to two decimal places. thanks for any assistance you can
provide.
my work email is
thanks again,
--
Dean

"slb" wrote:

I have a complex spreadsheet with multiple calculations and am merging the
data into Word. When I run the merge, I lose all formatting of the numbers,
and about 10 decimal places print. I have added round functions to my
formulas, but still haven't completly solved the problem. How do I bring in
commas, dollar signs and only 2 decimal points when merging with Word?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields

I am not sure to what web site you are referring. Was it "Formatting Word
fields with switches" on fellow MVP Graham Mayor's
website at

Nor have you told us what version of Word you are using, not that it makes
any difference to the formatting of the fields, but as far as your problem
with the lack of what you refer to as "the data merge manager under tools"
on other pages on the above website you will find information on displaying
the mailmerge toolbar (ViewToolbars). Look at the page about merging to
labels with Word XP.