Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
gnGracie gnGracie is offline
Junior Member

Default Need Mail Merge/Outlook Contacts help

I'm sure it's quite simple, but I can't figure out how to do this!
I've read the "dummies" book, other tips on line, and I'm baffled. I
need to pull addresses from my Outlook and keep getting an error
message when I try to do this, so I need some guidance. First, how do
I find my outlook contacts (what file extension)? Then, do I need to
export to excel format, or just pull directly from outlook (2002)? Any
help will be greatly appreciated. Thanks so much.

Brandy
Say goodnight Gracie... Goodnight Gracie

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

See http://www.gmayor.com/mailmerge_from_outlook.htm and/or
http://www.gmayor.com/Macrobutton.htm for competing methods

gnGracie wrote:
I'm sure it's quite simple, but I can't figure out how to do this!
I've read the "dummies" book, other tips on line, and I'm baffled. I
need to pull addresses from my Outlook and keep getting an error
message when I try to do this, so I need some guidance. First, how do
I find my outlook contacts (what file extension)? Then, do I need to
export to excel format, or just pull directly from outlook (2002)?
Any help will be greatly appreciated. Thanks so much.

Brandy
Say goodnight Gracie... Goodnight Gracie

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
gnGracie gnGracie is offline
Junior Member

Thanks Graham. Can you tell me how to find my outlook contacts (what
file extension, i.e. cvs, pdf, etc)? I don't have Outlook on my C:
drive, so I'm not sure what file I'm searching for. Thanks.

Brandy

gnGracie wrote:
I'm sure it's quite simple, but I can't figure out how to do this!
I've read the "dummies" book, other tips on line, and I'm baffled. I
need to pull addresses from my Outlook and keep getting an error
message when I try to do this, so I need some guidance. First, how do
I find my outlook contacts (what file extension)? Then, do I need to
export to excel format, or just pull directly from outlook (2002)?
Any help will be greatly appreciated. Thanks so much.

Brandy
Say goodnight Gracie... Goodnight Gracie

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

You don't access the file directly but use one of the methods suggested in
the two articles. Outlook contacts is part of your Outlook installation in a
PDF file which contains everything in Outlook.

gnGracie wrote:
I'm sure it's quite simple, but I can't figure out how to do this!
I've read the "dummies" book, other tips on line, and I'm baffled.
I need to pull addresses from my Outlook and keep getting an error
message when I try to do this, so I need some guidance. First, how
do I find my outlook contacts (what file extension)? Then, do I
need to export to excel format, or just pull directly from outlook
(2002)? Any help will be greatly appreciated. Thanks so much.

Brandy
Say goodnight Gracie... Goodnight Gracie

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
gnGracie gnGracie is offline
Junior Member

Thanks Graham. I read and printed out the two articles you shared. I
think my brain was totally fried and frustrated yesterday, but I tried
again today with a fresh outlook and it worked! I appreciate the help.
:-)

Now I need to figure out labels. Any additional helpful links to
instructions are greatly appreciated. You have been very helpful.
Thanks so much.

BTW, how do I start printing in the middle of a label page, say label

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

Merging to labels is covered at

It is not possible when merging to start at a label part way through a
sheet.
There are two workarounds:

1. Add as many blank records to the start of your data file as you want
empty labels (not very practical when merging from Outlook).
2. Merge to a new document then cut and paste the required number of labels
from the beginning of the document to the end. Obviously any sort order that
previously applied will no longer do so.

gnGracie wrote:
Thanks Graham. I read and printed out the two articles you shared. I
think my brain was totally fried and frustrated yesterday, but I tried
again today with a fresh outlook and it worked! I appreciate the
help. :-)

Now I need to figure out labels. Any additional helpful links to
instructions are greatly appreciated. You have been very helpful.
Thanks so much.

BTW, how do I start printing in the middle of a label page, say label

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
gnGracie gnGracie is offline
Junior Member

Once again Graham, thanks so much. :-)