Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
ongailing ongailing is offline

Default Different Records Different Files

i've created the word document with different fields and the EXCEL file
is also ready for mail merge.
But when I merge, all records are on 1 file. How can I do it so that
each record is separately as 1 file? The purpose is that each file will
be sent as an attachment to different email receipt.

HELP PLS!

Thanks!

--
ongailing
ongailing's Profile: http://www.officehelp.in/member.php?userid=5030

Posted from - http://www.officehelp.in

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields

See the "Individual Merge Letters" item on fellow MVP Graham Mayor's website
at:

http://www.gmayor.com/individual_merge_letters.htm

If you are using Word XP or later, the "Add-in to Merge Letters to Separate
Files" that I have written and that can be downloaded from that site will
allow you to create each letter as a separate file with a filename taken
from a field in the data source with a minimum of fuss.

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP

"ongailing" wrote in message
news

i've created the word document with different fields and the EXCEL file
is also ready for mail merge.
But when I merge, all records are on 1 file. How can I do it so that
each record is separately as 1 file? The purpose is that each file will
be sent as an attachment to different email receipt.

HELP PLS!

Thanks!

--
ongailing
ongailing's Profile: http://www.officehelp.in/member.php?userid=5030
View this thread: http://www.officehelp.in/showthread.php?t=1256347

Posted from - http://www.officehelp.in

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
ongailing ongailing is offline

Hi Thanks for the website. But after installing the ADD IN.
I still cant seem to get the prompt about getting individual letters.
I'm not too sure of this step
"Extract the MMtoDocsRevnn.DOT template (where nn is the latest
revision number) to the Word startup folder - its location defined in
Word at Tools Options File Locations Startup. "

--
ongailing
ongailing's Profile: http://www.officehelp.in/member.php?userid=5030
View this thread: http://www.officehelp.in/showthread.php?t=1256347

Posted from - http://www.officehelp.in

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields

What version of Word are you using?

The Word Startup folder is usually located in:

C:\Documents and Settings\[User Name]\Application
Data\Microsoft\Word\Startup

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP

"ongailing" wrote in message
news

Hi Thanks for the website. But after installing the ADD IN.
I still cant seem to get the prompt about getting individual letters.
I'm not too sure of this step
"Extract the MMtoDocsRevnn.DOT template (where nn is the latest
revision number) to the Word startup folder - its location defined in
Word at Tools Options File Locations Startup. "

--
ongailing
ongailing's Profile: http://www.officehelp.in/member.php?userid=5030
View this thread: http://www.officehelp.in/showthread.php?t=1256347

Posted from - http://www.officehelp.in

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

It doesn't really matter where the template is stored, provided that it is
listed and checked in tools templates and addins. Having it in the correct
startup folder will ensure this each time Word is started - saved anywhere
else and you will have to check it before using it.

..

ongailing wrote:
Hi Thanks for the website. But after installing the ADD IN.
I still cant seem to get the prompt about getting individual letters.
I'm not too sure of this step
"Extract the MMtoDocsRevnn.DOT template (where nn is the latest
revision number) to the Word startup folder - its location defined in
Word at Tools Options File Locations Startup. "

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
ongailing ongailing is offline

I was ABOUT to complete but I met this error
RUNTIME ERROR 91, OBJECT VARIABLE OR WITH BLOCK VARIABLE NOT SET
HOW