Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Rodimus Rodimus is offline

Default Access is denied

Around christmas I backeupd my files, so that I can upgrade my pc w/ new mb
and cpu. Before I did that, only one (word doc)file was encrypted through
properties dialog box. Also, I put a password on to it when I open it with
Word 2003. I backed them on a Maxtor One Touch 4 Mini 120 Gb drive using the
accompanying software. Well, now I can't decrypt it and every time I attempt
to open it with word it says "word cannot open the document: user does not
have access privilages". Also, the other word docs in the same folder have
the same properties and encryption, only not by me. I have searched the ms
supoort for secuirty and user settings. I also changed "ownership" of those
files. I cannot open, rename, copy or move those files. Delete is all I can
do to them? How do I get back privilages to access them? I went so far as to
change the "name" of my computer to the original "name".