GTS

Default Merge to email Word 2000

Can someone point me to a guide on how to acomplish this?
TIA

Doug Robbins

In the data source, you need one field that contains the email addresses of
each recipient. You create the mailmerge main document in the same way as
normal, then at the point when you select the destination of the merge
(Printer, New Document or Email), if you select the Email option, you will
then get a dialog that asks you for the name of the field that contains the
email addresses.

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP
"GTS" wrote in message
Can someone point me to a guide on how to acomplish this?
TIA

GTS

"GTS" wrote in message
Can someone point me to a guide on how to acomplish this?
TIA

Thank you. So it is pretty much the same as Word 2002/3 then - but now I
need to know how to automate the process, as the system we use does
unattended merges throughout the day - at present it works fine at producing
letters without any user interaction - could this be accomplished with an
email merge? I know you can download an app to click 'Yes' to any dialog
boxes in Word, but how can Word know to send it to an email in the first
place without you clicking on anything?
TIA

Doug Robbins

Take a look at how it is done in the article "Mail Merge to E-mail with
Attachments" at
http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/MailMerge/...ttachments.htm

--

"GTS" wrote in message
Can someone point me to a guide on how to acomplish this?
TIA

Thank you. So it is pretty much the same as Word 2002/3 then - but now I
need to know how to automate the process, as the system we use does
unattended merges throughout the day - at present it works fine at
producing
letters without any user interaction - could this be accomplished with an
email merge? I know you can download an app to click 'Yes' to any dialog
boxes in Word, but how can Word know to send it to an email in the first
place without you clicking on anything?
TIA

Automated merge from Word 2000 to Outlook 2000 sayling Mailmerge 0 April 25th 05 07:51 PM
Envelope Address GR New Users 5 April 24th 05 09:48 PM
Email merge with Word 2002 RHS Mailmerge 2 April 15th 05 02:38 PM
WordPerfect keyboard macro>Word equivalent? Anty New Users 2 March 13th 05 06:23 PM
How do I prevent Word 2000 from trying to re-install itself whene. DavidOfMA Microsoft Word Help 4 February 22nd 05 12:04 PM