Michael O.

Default Trouble every time I paste text from the Internet into Word?

I am having a reoccurring problem on my computer that I am using and have not
been able to find a remedy. Every time that I copy/paste text from the
Internet into my open Microsoft Word document, the computer locks up and I
have to Ctrl+Alt+Delete to get out of Word and I lose whatever progress I
have made since my last save. I have not experienced this problem on other
computers that I have used, so I am thinking that I do not have a particular
setting turned on? Does anybody know what could be causing this, and how to
solve it? I tried the "detect and repair errors" through Microsoft Word and
that didn't resolve the problem.
Opinicus

"Michael O." wrote

I am having a reoccurring problem on my computer that I am
using and have not
been able to find a remedy. Every time that I copy/paste
text from the
Internet into my open Microsoft Word document, the
computer locks up and I
have to Ctrl+Alt+Delete to get out of Word and I lose
whatever progress I

Whenever you copy (control-c) from an internet page, you're
most likely also copying several tons of HTML formatting,
pictures, scripts, and dog knows what else as well. When you
try and paste (control-v) these into Word, Word does its
mighty best to comply but more often than not it gets
wrapped up in its underwear in the attempt.

Two remedies that I've found will work:

* If all you're interested in is the text, define it and
paste it into a non-HTML program like Notepad. Copy the
Notepad text into Word.

* Save the page from IE (File Save as) and in the "Save as
type" drop-down, pick whatever option works for you.

HTH

--
Bob

Kanyak's Doghouse
http://www.kanyak.com

darklink

Yea Opinicus is right about that. Often when you paste right from the web,
you can see that word is actually copying from the IP of watever site your
on. You could also use view-source and then just copy the text from that
view. But thats a little more diffcuilt if you have no idea how HTML is
written.

"Michael O." wrote