Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Naomi[_2_] Naomi[_2_] is offline

Default Header Kind of

I have a document that is a protected template, of which I MUST have a header
type item that I can put a patients name, record # and medical info. I can't
use the built in header as the document is locked down as a template. I've
tried using a table but as it is only one line it doesn't work. I need it to
update across all 8 - 14 pages (or more) once it's done. I can't have
everyone going into the document to put the info in for fear of it getting
messed up. Once it's done everyone in a region will use it!
--
Naomi
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

If the information is entered anywhere in the form, you can use a StyleRef
field to repeat it in the header. See
http://sbarnhill.mvps.org/WordFAQs/StyleRef.htm

"Naomi" wrote in message
I have a document that is a protected template, of which I MUST have a
header
type item that I can put a patients name, record # and medical info. I
can't
use the built in header as the document is locked down as a template.
I've
tried using a table but as it is only one line it doesn't work. I need it
update across all 8 - 14 pages (or more) once it's done. I can't have
everyone going into the document to put the info in for fear of it getting
messed up. Once it's done everyone in a region will use it!
--
Naomi

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Naomi[_2_] Naomi[_2_] is offline

Suzanne, that's a great idea accept I don't have anything in my header as
it's locked down! Is there a way to still make this work?
--
Naomi

"Naomi" wrote in message
I have a document that is a protected template, of which I MUST have a
header
type item that I can put a patients name, record # and medical info. I
can't
use the built in header as the document is locked down as a template.
I've
tried using a table but as it is only one line it doesn't work. I need it
update across all 8 - 14 pages (or more) once it's done. I can't have
everyone going into the document to put the info in for fear of it getting
messed up. Once it's done everyone in a region will use it!
--
Naomi

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Naomi[_2_] Naomi[_2_] is offline

Ok, I've tried several times to create a style but I keep getting this
response when I try to get the info into the header (Error! No text of
specified style in document). ARGGGG.
--
Naomi

"Naomi" wrote in message
I have a document that is a protected template, of which I MUST have a
header
type item that I can put a patients name, record # and medical info. I
can't
use the built in header as the document is locked down as a template.
I've
tried using a table but as it is only one line it doesn't work. I need it
update across all 8 - 14 pages (or more) once it's done. I can't have
everyone going into the document to put the info in for fear of it getting
messed up. Once it's done everyone in a region will use it!
--
Naomi

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Naomi[_2_] Naomi[_2_] is offline

Yes, I've applied the style to the field and still nothing. I just keeps
giving me the error. I must be missing a step some place.
--
Naomi

"Naomi" wrote in message
I have a document that is a protected template, of which I MUST have a
header
type item that I can put a patients name, record # and medical info. I
can't
use the built in header as the document is locked down as a template.
I've
tried using a table but as it is only one line it doesn't work. I need
it
update across all 8 - 14 pages (or more) once it's done. I can't have
everyone going into the document to put the info in for fear of it
getting
messed up. Once it's done everyone in a region will use it!
--
Naomi

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Naomi[_2_] Naomi[_2_] is offline

Wow, thank you so much I REALLY appreciate that. Ummm how am I supposed to
email you? my email is .

Thanks!
--
Naomi