Posted to microsoft.public.word.formatting.longdocs
btemple btemple is offline

Default Word some kind of formatting causing BASELINE red dots in Outlook, when using word as editor, but no red dots in Word

Need to get rid of BASELINE red dots between words in Outlook 2003 users
type a new
message AND are using Word as their editor. (Word 2003)
The space bar generates them. Have turned off all boxes for formatting,
track
changes and markup and even system restored to months ago; no change.
ctrl-Shift-8, no change.
We uncheck "use word as email editor" and the red dots go away.
But we need to use Word as our email editor.

for example in the following if the
dots were in color they would all be red:

We..need..to..get..rid..of..dots
Other notes:
The red dot user can send an email to a regular user.
The red dot user views the sent email in their Sent folder. There are no
dots.
The regular user received the email from the red dot user and sees no dots.
If the regular user hits reply and types a reply to the red dot user, the
red dots re-appear only in the original text section from the red dot user.
The regular user's typed reply does not have red dots between the newly
typed words.
Thx

Posted to microsoft.public.word.formatting.longdocs
[email protected] gorman.paul@gmail.com is offline

On Oct 1, 4:23 pm, "btemple" wrote:
[...]

These are "smart tags". To under TOOLS - OPTIONS - VIEW and deselect
the SMART TAGS checkbox.