Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
first line indent and left indent first line indent and left indent is offline

Default margins in word 2007

When I open a new blank document the first line indent is at 3/4 (just left
of the 1 and the left indent is set at 1 while the margins are set at 1 and
in this case, should appear at the 0, at the point where the blue meets the
white on the ruler. I can manually adjust these settings but feel I should be
able to set them to my preferences since previous versions of Word did not
impose this formating. I don't see any opportunity to set these preferences
in the margin section of the page layout. Thank you for your support.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

first line indent and left indent wrote:
When I open a new blank document the first line indent is at 3/4 (just left
of the 1 and the left indent is set at 1 while the margins are set at 1 and
in this case, should appear at the 0, at the point where the blue meets the
white on the ruler. I can manually adjust these settings but feel I should be
able to set them to my preferences since previous versions of Word did not
impose this formating. I don't see any opportunity to set these preferences
in the margin section of the page layout. Thank you for your support.

locate and _open_ (not: create a new document base on) your global
template (Normal.dotm usually) and change the Normal style, or use the
paragraph dialog (little arrow on bottom right in Start | Paragraph),
change the settings and hit "Default."

HTH
Robert
--