Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Ted M H Ted M H is offline

Default Word 2007 - save custom margins as building block

I'm trying to create my own building blocks / quick parts wherever I use an
object or settings repetitively. This so far works great for things like
graphics, headers and footers, Styles, etc. But I can't find a way to add my
custom margin settings to the pull-down gallery (Page Layout Ribbon / Page
Set up group / Margins). I know I could probably accomplish much the same
result by using a template, but I think using the margins gallery is a more
elegant solution. Am I missing something here or is it not possible to add
to the margins gallery?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Stefan Blom Stefan Blom is offline

As far as I know, you cannot save a custom margin setting.

Of course, you could create an AutoText entry that includes a section break;
that way, section properties, such as margins, will be saved.

However, it will definitely be easier to just create a template with the
desired settings.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"Ted M H" wrote in message
I'm trying to create my own building blocks / quick parts wherever I use
an
object or settings repetitively. This so far works great for things like
graphics, headers and footers, Styles, etc. But I can't find a way to add
my
custom margin settings to the pull-down gallery (Page Layout Ribbon / Page
Set up group / Margins). I know I could probably accomplish much the same
result by using a template, but I think using the margins gallery is a
more
elegant solution. Am I missing something here or is it not possible to
add
to the margins gallery?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Ted M H Ted M H is offline

Thanks for the response. I ended up doing a template. Guess what? The
gallery captures the last custom margin and puts it on top of the stack.
Should have tried that first, I guess.

"Ted M H" wrote in message
I'm trying to create my own building blocks / quick parts wherever I use
an
object or settings repetitively. This so far works great for things like
graphics, headers and footers, Styles, etc. But I can't find a way to add
my
custom margin settings to the pull-down gallery (Page Layout Ribbon / Page
Set up group / Margins). I know I could probably accomplish much the same
result by using a template, but I think using the margins gallery is a
more
elegant solution. Am I missing something here or is it not possible to
add
to the margins gallery?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Stefan Blom Stefan Blom is offline

It seems as if I should have tested it too... :-)

Anyway, a template will be more flexible.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP