Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Heather Heather is offline

Default Font Problems

I saved a document in Microsoft Word 2003 with Wingdings text so that if
someone opened it, they wouldn't be able to read it. Now when I open it, it
won't change back to Times New Roman. Help!

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Klaus Linke Klaus Linke is offline

"Heather" wrote:
I saved a document in Microsoft Word 2003 with Wingdings text so
that if someone opened it, they wouldn't be able to read it. Now when
I open it, it won't change back to Times New Roman. Help!

Hi Heather,

Microsoft has a macro to fix the doc in this KB article:
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/212396/en-us

Below is a macro that may work better (applies the default paragraph font rather than "Arial", is simpler, and should run faster).

If you need help with running macros, see he
http://word.mvps.org/faqs/macrosvba/CreateAMacro.htm

Regards,
Klaus

Sub ConvertSymbol2()
Dim i As Long
Dim sReplace As String
If Selection.Type wdSelectionNormal Then
Selection.Expand Unit:=wdStory
End If
Selection.Font.Name = "Arial"
For i = &HF020 To &HF0FF
If i = &HF05E Then
sReplace = "^^"
Else
sReplace = ChrW(i - &HF000)
End If
Selection.Find.ClearFormatting
Selection.Find.Replacement.ClearFormatting
Selection.Find.Replacement.Style = _
ActiveDocument.Styles(wdStyleDefaultParagraphFont)
With Selection.Find
.Text = ChrW(i)
.Replacement.Text = sReplace
.Format = True
.Forward = True
.Wrap = wdFindContinue
.Format = False
End With
Selection.Find.Execute Replace:=wdReplaceAll
Next i

End Sub

Font problems Kevin Tables 5 January 26th 06 02:27 PM
Still having Font Problems Sonya Microsoft Word Help 1 January 14th 05 08:40 PM
Font Problems Sonya Microsoft Word Help 1 January 13th 05 07:06 PM
Font problems in TOC thelisha Page Layout 4 December 22nd 04 08:19 PM
Font problems Jeanne Microsoft Word Help 6 December 2nd 04 01:54 AM