Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
gregeney gregeney is offline

Default Sharing Templates/Database on P2P Network

I'm trying to share my Access database and mailmerge templates that link with
that database with the other two users on our peer-to-peer network. I'm
having trouble in that the link to the database needs to be reset every time
a template is used on one of the other machines due to the difference in the
database location. Meaning, it's not on their C: drive. Is there a way for
these other users to save their own link to the database or another solution
to achieve what we need?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields

Perhaps a better idea would be to use Windows Live Folder Share to have the
data base replicated on each of the machines

See https://www.foldershare.com/

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP

"gregeney" wrote in message
I'm trying to share my Access database and mailmerge templates that link
with
that database with the other two users on our peer-to-peer network. I'm
having trouble in that the link to the database needs to be reset every
time
a template is used on one of the other machines due to the difference in
the
database location. Meaning, it's not on their C: drive. Is there a way for
these other users to save their own link to the database or another
solution
to achieve what we need?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
gregeney gregeney is offline

Not just the database, but also the templates. They are chenged from time to
time. But if I can sync my templates and database on the other machines, it
should give me the desired result. However, from first glance at the
FolderShare information it appears that the folders are synced over the net?
If that is true, is there any solution that would keep our data behind our
firewall? Security is essential.

Thx

"gregeney" wrote in message
I'm trying to share my Access database and mailmerge templates that link
with
that database with the other two users on our peer-to-peer network. I'm
having trouble in that the link to the database needs to be reset every
time
a template is used on one of the other machines due to the difference in
the
database location. Meaning, it's not on their C: drive. Is there a way for
these other users to save their own link to the database or another
solution
to achieve what we need?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields

If security is that essential, then I think that what you need is a proper
network, or something like

http://www.netgear.com/Products/Stor...ge/SC101T.aspx