Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Zak[_2_] Zak[_2_] is offline

Default Numbering paragraphs? Numbering sentences?

I run WinXP/SP2 with MS Word 2003 (version 11 ~ from Office Pro 2003).

I need speak to someone on the phone and refer to parts of a document
which we are writing.

---

I use the line numbering feature. (It's good especially because it
does not change the layout of our text).

Is there a way to number paragraphs or to number sentences? We will
need to remove all the numbering in the final version of the document.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Tom Conrad Tom Conrad is offline

Word does number paragraphs for internal and for document statistical
purposes.

It might be possible to create a macro that numbers just the paragraphs, but
it would be problematic. Each time the user presses the enter key, the
paragraph count is incremented. Most users still separate paragraphs by
putting blank paragraphs (pressing enter) between context paragraphs.

The MVPs recommend using styles to set paragraph spacing vice using blank
paragraphs to space paragraphs.

--
Tom Conrad