badwrc

Default get ~$ replacing letters in file name

Whenever I save a Word document on my hard drive, it saves an extra copy with
~$ replacing the first 2 letters of the file. Doesn't happen when saving on
floppy disks.
Graham Mayor

This is normal behaviour. These are Word's temporary files and they should
be removed if Word is closed properly.

Never ever read from, write to or print from floppy with Word. This is the
most certain method of ensuring document corruption. Copy to the hard disc
and work on the document from there.

badwrc wrote:
Whenever I save a Word document on my hard drive, it saves an extra
copy with ~$ replacing the first 2 letters of the file. Doesn't
happen when saving on floppy disks.

badwrc

I may have miswritten. when I wrote floppy, I meant the generic term and I
use zip disks. All I do is back up on my zip disk after I backup on my hard
drive. All reading, modifying, ect. is done from my hard drive. I write the
document, save as, and when I look at the files with explorer, it has the
extra file even before I back up on zip. I hope you don't mean not to back
up on my zip.