Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
TJ Gunnz TJ Gunnz is offline

Default Chapters....

Hello all! First time asking a question here so please forgive me if this
seems awkward.

To make a long story short, I am pretty familiar with the MS Office products
and have been using MS Office 2007 for about 11 months. I primarily used MS
Word throughout my educational pusuits and now find myself looking to write a
book of sorts; and I am doing all of the writting and editing on my own for
substantial reasons.

In fact, I already have a large portion (first draft) of this book complete
and am now in the editing process but I am having trouble when I edit text in
one chapter of the book because this moves and changes the formatting of
every subsequent chapters (124 of them to be exact). Is there any way that I
can anchor each chapter title on a page? For example, so I can cut or add a
paragraph in chapter one without moving the subsequent 123 chapters?

Thank you in advance for your time and any help you can provide me.
-- TJ Gunnz

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Anne Troy[_3_] Anne Troy[_3_] is offline

On Jan 10, 9:07*pm, TJ Gunnz
wrote:
[...]

Not sure why you're worried about moving the others. Why wouldn't you
want to move them? What will occur that you don't want to occur?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
TJ Gunnz TJ Gunnz is offline

Thanks for the help! The page break thing is exactly what I was looking for!

The reason I don't want them to move is because I want each chapter to start
on a new page. So as it was before, if I was to add or delete a paragraph,
all of the chapter headers would wind up in the middle of a page, bottom of a
page, or some where in beteen. Make sense?

Thanks again!
--
TJ Gunnz