Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

Default Section breaks can not be seen

If all you want is to delete the shy section break, here's a way to find it.
At the bottom of the vertical scroll bar is a set of two "browse" arrows.
Between them is a round button. Click on that and set the "browse object" to
"Browse by Section." Then click the up or down arrows, as appropriate to go
to the mysterious section break. Select a character or two before and after
that location and Delete, then replace the deleted characters.

"Siamak Sarmady" wrote in message
Hello,

I have a big file.

1- The problem I have is that when I double click headers I see sections
changing in some places but when I change to Draft view or show the
special characters I can not see the break. I remove everything between
two sections but the section break seems to be there (because section
number changes in that place).

How can I remove these breaks?

2- When I change headers in some sections, headers of almost all previous
sections are changed. I messed up with the file for 2 hour to find the
reason but I cannot find the reason.

Can someone please help me with this?

Regards,
Mac

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Henk57[_176_] Henk57[_176_] is offline

Siamak Sarmady;2587505 Wrote:
Hello,

I have a big file.

1- The problem I have is that when I double click headers I see
sections
changing in some places but when I change to Draft view or show the
special characters I can not see the break. I remove everything between

two sections but the section break seems to be there (because section
number changes in that place).

How can I remove these breaks?

2- When I change headers in some sections, headers of almost all
previous sections are changed. I messed up with the file for 2 hour to

find the reason but I cannot find the reason.

Can someone please help me with this?

Regards,
Mac

Mac:
1. is likely caused by a "continuous" section break that appear behind
the last word before the last paragraph symbol (so-called pilcrow;
looks like the Greek PI). If this sentence is very long the section
break may go unnoticed in Print View, but in Normal View they shd stand
out clearly.
2. You have yr headers/footers "same as previous" which is the default
setting. To break this link, double-click in the footer or header area
and in the pop-up box de-activate the associated symbol.
HTH -- Henk

--
Henk57