Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
jeanie_veda jeanie_veda is offline

Default make columns so they type to next page, not to top of next column

Is it possible to have 2 separate columns so that when I fill column 1 with
text... it continues on another page and not into column 2?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Jay Freedman Jay Freedman is offline

Use a two-column table. Turn off its borders if you don't want them to
print (Format Borders & Shading).

See http://www.word.mvps.org/FAQs/Format...ingColumns.htm.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman

On Fri, 15 Sep 2006 15:51:01 -0700, jeanie_veda
wrote:

Is it possible to have 2 separate columns so that when I fill column 1 with
text... it continues on another page and not into column 2?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Rae Drysdale Rae Drysdale is offline

Draw a large rectangle without borders to cover column 2. Set the text to
wrap square or tight and this will force text to the next page. Hope this
helps.
--
Rae Drysdale

"jeanie_veda" wrote:

Is it possible to have 2 separate columns so that when I fill column 1 with
text... it continues on another page and not into column 2?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
CyberTaz CyberTaz is offline

If you don't intend to have anything *in* the right column, why not just use
a right indent or a large right margin?

Regards |:)
Bob Jones
[MVP] Office:Mac

On 9/15/06 6:51 PM, in article
, "jeanie_veda"
wrote:

Is it possible to have 2 separate columns so that when I fill column 1 with
text... it continues on another page and not into column 2?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

I suspect the OP is trying for parallel columns, for which a table will be
required. It's not so much that she doesn't want anything in column 2 but
that she wants something *different* in column 2.

.. .