Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Mikey :) Mikey :) is offline

Default My style wont go to the bottom of the page

Hi, I created a style for my figure legends with the following parameters:

Font: 11 pt, Line spacing: 1.5 lines, Space Befo 10 pt, Keep with next,
Keep lines together, Level 5, Style: Linked, Hide until used, Quick Style,

When I use this style my paragraph will not go to the bottom of the page. I
think there is always a "normal" following style that prevents it?? If im
typing and the paragraph using this style does not fit on the page the whole
paragraph drops down to the next new page. How can I change this so that my
figure legend style will function like the normal style and go to the bottom
of the page/spread across 2 pages.

Thanks
Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Mikey :)[_2_] Mikey :)[_2_] is offline

sorry just for clarity... when I say it will not go to the bottom of the
page... I mean that there is always 1 line at the bottom of the page that I
cannot type in with this style. If I am typing on the 2nd to last line on
the page and then type more using the normal style it just drops down to the
last line on the page but using my style I cannot type on this last line of
the page and the whole paragraph moves to the next page. This is really
killing me because my figure legend style is meant to go to the bottom of the
page

"Mikey " wrote:

Hi, I created a style for my figure legends with the following parameters:

Font: 11 pt, Line spacing: 1.5 lines, Space Befo 10 pt, Keep with next,
Keep lines together, Level 5, Style: Linked, Hide until used, Quick Style,

When I use this style my paragraph will not go to the bottom of the page. I
think there is always a "normal" following style that prevents it?? If im
typing and the paragraph using this style does not fit on the page the whole
paragraph drops down to the next new page. How can I change this so that my
figure legend style will function like the normal style and go to the bottom
of the page/spread across 2 pages.

Thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

You have the style formatted as "Keep with next," which means it is going to
want to stay with the following paragraph.

http://word.mvps.org

"Mikey " wrote:

Hi, I created a style for my figure legends with the following
parameters:

Font: 11 pt, Line spacing: 1.5 lines, Space Befo 10 pt, Keep with
next,
Keep lines together, Level 5, Style: Linked, Hide until used, Quick
Style,

When I use this style my paragraph will not go to the bottom of the page.
think there is always a "normal" following style that prevents it?? If im
typing and the paragraph using this style does not fit on the page the
whole
paragraph drops down to the next new page. How can I change this so that
my
figure legend style will function like the normal style and go to the
bottom
of the page/spread across 2 pages.

Thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

Try removing Keep with next and, then perhaps, Keep lines together from your
figure legend style.

Pam

Mikey wrote:
sorry just for clarity... when I say it will not go to the bottom of the
page... I mean that there is always 1 line at the bottom of the page that I
cannot type in with this style. If I am typing on the 2nd to last line on
the page and then type more using the normal style it just drops down to the
last line on the page but using my style I cannot type on this last line of
the page and the whole paragraph moves to the next page. This is really
killing me because my figure legend style is meant to go to the bottom of the
page

Hi, I created a style for my figure legends with the following parameters:

[quoted text clipped - 10 lines]

Thanks