Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
RLK RLK is offline

Default Footnotes into TOC

I am having probelems making Footnotes appears (through thier Styles) in a
Table Of Contents.

I assume as theya re within Footers that they donot come through.

Can it be done without a Macro.

I have as yet not considered writing VBA to do this?

Roger Knowles
MCAS Master Instructor
Office 97-2003 MOS Master
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Tony Jollans Tony Jollans is offline

Footers and Footnotes are not really related - and neither has much to do
with a TOC. Perhaps you could rephrase your question.

--
Enjoy,
Tony

www.WordArticles.com

"RLK" wrote in message
. 109.145...
I am having probelems making Footnotes appears (through thier Styles) in a
Table Of Contents.

I assume as theya re within Footers that they donot come through.

Can it be done without a Macro.

I have as yet not considered writing VBA to do this?

Roger Knowles
MCAS Master Instructor
Office 97-2003 MOS Master

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Footnotes are in a different story type (like footers and text box contents)
and, for versions before W2007, the TOC generator can't see that text. In
W2007, the TOC can see the contents of text boxes, but I don't know about the
other story types.

Pam

Tony Jollans wrote:
Footers and Footnotes are not really related - and neither has much to do
with a TOC. Perhaps you could rephrase your question.

I am having probelems making Footnotes appears (through thier Styles) in a
Table Of Contents.

[quoted text clipped - 8 lines]
MCAS Master Instructor
Office 97-2003 MOS Master

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
KLR[_2_] KLR[_2_] is offline

"Tony Jollans" My forename at my surname dot com wrote in
:

Footers and Footnotes are not really related - and neither has much to
do with a TOC. Perhaps you could rephrase your question.

Simply put, I add a Footnote over various pages in a long document, bottom
of each page.

The text of the footnote appears in the footer area.

I would like a TOC of the Footnote text over the long document with a
reference to the page number of the Footnote

Roger
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Footnotes do not appear in the footer area but above the footer, and there
is no way to have them included in the TOC. If you have something in the
footer area that appears at the bottom of each page, it is a footer, not a
footnote, and there's no way to have that included in the TOC, either. (An
exception in both cases would be to put a TC field in the body of the
document containing the text of the footnote/footer you want included.)

http://word.mvps.org

. 109.145...