Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Mr. TDH Mr. TDH is offline

Default How can I find a document when I only remember a key word or phras

Anyone know how to find a document saved in Word when you can only remember a
key word or phrase in it's content?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
JoAnn Paules JoAnn Paules is offline

Search with Windows Explorer.

--

JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

"Mr. TDH" Mr. wrote in message
news
Anyone know how to find a document saved in Word when you can only
remember a
key word or phrase in it's content?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Ed from AZ Ed from AZ is offline

Have a look at the File Open dialog box, Tools tab, Search option.
I've used this in Word 200-2003; don't know if it's still there in
Word 2007.

Ed

On Apr 3, 8:37*am, "JoAnn Paules" wrote:
Search with Windows Explorer.

--

JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

"Mr. TDH" Mr. wrote in messagenews

Anyone know how to find a document saved in Word when you can only
remember a
key word or phrase in it's content?- Hide quoted text -

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
sburg sburg is offline

Ed from AZ;2705897 Wrote:
Have a look at the File Open dialog box, Tools tab, Search option.
I've used this in Word 200-2003; don't know if it's still there in
Word 2007.

Ed

That option is not located there. Does anyone know if office 2007 has
this hidden somewhere or did they eliminate it entirely...?

TIA

--
sburg
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Mary Fisher Mary Fisher is offline

"sburg" wrote in message

Ed from AZ;2705897 Wrote:
Have a look at the File Open dialog box, Tools tab, Search option.
I've used this in Word 200-2003; don't know if it's still there in
Word 2007.

Ed

That option is not located there. Does anyone know if office 2007 has
this hidden somewhere or did they eliminate it entirely...?

TIA

--
sburg

Hit Start from the toolbar, then Search.

Mary

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
sburg[_2_] sburg[_2_] is offline

Mary Fisher;2739919 Wrote:

Hit Start from the toolbar, then Search.

Mary

So are you saying it's no longer available within Word 2K7, Excel 2K7
and so forth?

(File Open Tools Find )

--
sburg
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Hi Sburg,

For Office 2007 the search functionallity for files and content of files was returned to the Windows/Live team, so it no longer
appears on the Office menus.

============
"sburg" wrote in message ...
So are you saying it's no longer available within Word 2K7, Excel 2K7
and so forth?

(File Open Tools Find )

--
sburg
--

Bob Buckland ?:-)
MS Office System Products MVP

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
sburg[_3_] sburg[_3_] is offline

"sburg" wrote in message
So are you saying it's no longer available within Word 2K7, Excel 2K7
and so forth?

(File Open Tools Find )

--
sburg
--

Bob Buckland ?:-)
MS Office System Products MVP

Thanks for the clarification!

--
sburg
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

"sburg" wrote in message

Mary Fisher;2739919 Wrote:

Hit Start from the toolbar, then Search.

Mary

So are you saying it's no longer available within Word 2K7, Excel 2K7
and so forth?

(File Open Tools Find )

Doesn't matter, it's still possible to do it easily.

There's no point in it being located in two areas.

Mary