Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
slapthefunkyfour slapthefunkyfour is offline

Default Styles and the Ribbon

No matter what type of style I've selected, Heading 1, Heading 2, Normal, or
whatever, the ribbon always shows that I'm using the "strong" style. It's
very difficult to decipher which style I'm using. I also have a bunch of
custom styles that I'm using in this document that are very similar to each
other, and knowing which one I've used earlier is impossible because the
ribbon always displays "strong".

Has anyone had this problem or do you know how to fix it?

Thanks.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Strong is a character style that makes the font boldface. When character
styles are applied, they always trump paragraph styles in the display. You
can, however, use the Style Inspector (from the Styles task pane) to see all
the formatting applied to any selected text (and remove it selectively using
the "eraser" buttons).

http://word.mvps.org

"slapthefunkyfour" wrote in
message ...
No matter what type of style I've selected, Heading 1, Heading 2, Normal,
or
whatever, the ribbon always shows that I'm using the "strong" style. It's
very difficult to decipher which style I'm using. I also have a bunch of
custom styles that I'm using in this document that are very similar to
each
other, and knowing which one I've used earlier is impossible because the
ribbon always displays "strong".

Has anyone had this problem or do you know how to fix it?

Thanks.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

It sounds like the emphasis character style has been applied to all of your
text. You can clear it using the clear character style button on the Style
inspector. The style inspector shows both paragraph and character
formatting (& both style and manual formatting). You can add it button to
the QAT.

Pam