Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Neil Neil is offline

Default How do I change the order of the pages in Word 2007 document?

This seems really basic but I've looked everywehere I can think of to find
out how to re-order the pages in a document other than inserting a new page
and the copying and pasting the content I want to move. This created all
sorts of alignment and content problems and I gave up after 30 minutes of
trying to get the pages back as they should have been. There must be a
quicker way.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

'Page' is a vague concept in Word which is a document based rather than a
page layout application. If you have a heading at the start of each 'page'
you can use the Outline view to collapse to the heading level and then drag
the headings around or you can use cut and paste. But as a document will
comprise a number of different layers, copying one layer does not
necessarily copy the others so you end up with the sort of problem that you
are encountering.

Neil wrote:
This seems really basic but I've looked everywehere I can think of to
find out how to re-order the pages in a document other than inserting
a new page and the copying and pasting the content I want to move.
This created all sorts of alignment and content problems and I gave
up after 30 minutes of trying to get the pages back as they should
have been. There must be a quicker way.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Opinicus[_2_] Opinicus[_2_] is offline

"Neil" wrote

This seems really basic but I've looked everywehere I can think of to find
out how to re-order the pages in a document

First you need to define "page". Word doesn't really know what they are.

--
Bob
http://www.kanyak.com

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

If you have a relatively simple document (for example, only one section and
consistent formatting) and if each page starts with a heading 1, you can, in
the outline view, the heading1s around and even sort them (it's easier if
just heading 1s are showing). Try this on a copy of your document.

Pam