SMOR

Default Unlocking a locked document

I saved a Word document from my computer at work to my flash drive. When I
took it home to open it, the following message appeared at the bottom of the
application: "This modification is not allowed because the document is
locked." To my knowledge, I did not lock the document or otherwise protect
the document. Any suggestions?
Anne Troy

Do you get the same error if you copy it to your hard drive?
*******************
~Anne Troy

www.OfficeArticles.com

"SMOR" wrote in message
I saved a Word document from my computer at work to my flash drive. When

took it home to open it, the following message appeared at the bottom of

the
application: "This modification is not allowed because the document is
locked." To my knowledge, I did not lock the document or otherwise

protect
the document. Any suggestions?

SMOR

I looked over past messages regarding this question and believe I have
pinpointed the problem. I will go home tonight and see if the information is
correct.

Thanks for your post.