Paul, Eagle Av.

Default Include all page Numbers in TOC including multiple TOC pages.

I have long Word document with three pages of TOC, only the first page is
listed in the TOC.

How do I force the TOC to list all subsequent pages or add a Heading Style
to the TOC pages so the TOC will pick it up.

Thanks.

Stefan Blom

If the problem is that the table of contents doesn't accurately list
the headings of your document, you should be able to fix that by
updating it: Right-click the TOC to bring up the context menu, click
Update field; if prompted, choose to update the entire table.

On the other hand, if you want the table of contents to list the pages
it occupies, you are out of luck. The table of contents field doesn't
"know how big it is". It just lists the headings in page order;
when/if it extends to the next page depends on two factors: (a) the
number of referenced heading paragraphs and (b) the formatting of the
TOC entries.

What you can do is list the page number where the TOC starts (but note
that this by most people are considered to be redundant information):
Just add a heading titled (say) "Contents" in a style picked up by the
TOC.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP