Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Leslie Rhea Leslie Rhea is offline

Default Is there a Literary Manuscript template For WORD? Or Publisher?

Is there a template, or modifications that can be applied to any WORD
document, or existing template, to produce a format/template for a Literary
Manuscript?

In particular, I seek the double/or/triple spacing format, with a narrow
right hand column in which to make editorial comments.

Would there be any such template in Publisher, that I have not found, yet?

Your help would be very appreciated!

Leslie Cunningham

PS - I had thought I could use COLUMNS and make 2 unequal width columns, to
achieve the above, but today I was unable to make UNequal columns.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

You could use a two column borderless table for your 'columns'. The line
spacing is simply a matter of adjusting the paragraph style. Or you could
use a single column with a wide margin and put borderless text boxes in the
margin.
Or you could use Word's comments and balloons in the margin.

Leslie Rhea wrote:
Is there a template, or modifications that can be applied to any WORD
document, or existing template, to produce a format/template for a
Literary Manuscript?

In particular, I seek the double/or/triple spacing format, with a
narrow right hand column in which to make editorial comments.

Would there be any such template in Publisher, that I have not found,
yet?

Your help would be very appreciated!

Leslie Cunningham

PS - I had thought I could use COLUMNS and make 2 unequal width
columns, to achieve the above, but today I was unable to make UNequal
columns.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

And Publisher will allow you to make your columns any width that you want.

I think the basic problem is that people seem to be lost when they can't
find a template that meets their needs exactly. Creativity seems to be a
thing of the past. sigh

--

JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

Leslie Rhea wrote:
Is there a template, or modifications that can be applied to any WORD
document, or existing template, to produce a format/template for a
Literary Manuscript?

In particular, I seek the double/or/triple spacing format, with a
narrow right hand column in which to make editorial comments.

Would there be any such template in Publisher, that I have not found,
yet?

Your help would be very appreciated!

Leslie Cunningham

PS - I had thought I could use COLUMNS and make 2 unequal width
columns, to achieve the above, but today I was unable to make UNequal
columns.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

For a manuscript template, see
http://home.earthlink.net/~wordsintotype/Template.htm. You can change the
margins to any size you want if you're wanting to make notes by hand. If you
want to mark up the document electronically, use Word's built-in Comment
feature, and the comments will be placed in "balloons" in the margin (in
Word 2002 and 2003). Track Changes also uses balloons for markup. See
http://www.shaunakelly.com/word/trac...ngesWorks.html

"Leslie Rhea" Leslie wrote in message
Is there a template, or modifications that can be applied to any WORD
document, or existing template, to produce a format/template for a

Literary
Manuscript?

In particular, I seek the double/or/triple spacing format, with a narrow
right hand column in which to make editorial comments.

Would there be any such template in Publisher, that I have not found, yet?

Your help would be very appreciated!

Leslie Cunningham

PS - I had thought I could use COLUMNS and make 2 unequal width columns,

achieve the above, but today I was unable to make UNequal columns.

Is there a template to create a manuscript for a new book/novel Ralph G Microsoft Word Help 5 February 23rd 09 07:49 AM
Global Template Question Deb McLellan New Users 6 February 13th 06 04:20 PM
word or publisher template for DVD standard case? Rick Microsoft Word Help 2 February 11th 06 07:08 PM
How Come? Michael Koerner Mailmerge 9 February 10th 06 11:29 PM
How to repair a broken link to template. Gary Burton Formatting Long Documents 9 January 27th 06 01:48 PM