Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
CJ CJ is offline

Default Numbering in Heading Styles

Every time I make a change to the numbering scheme for headings, the
paragraph formatting for all headings reverts to Word's defaults
(indent, tab) and I have to go through each heading style, make my
changes, and update the style again. Is there a way to change
numbering without changing paragraph formatting?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Stefan Blom Stefan Blom is offline

You need to set up the numbering correctly; this includes specifying
indents in the numbering options (not via the Paragraph dialog box).
See http://www.shaunakelly.com/word/numb...Numbering.html.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP