Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
JERRY[_2_] JERRY[_2_] is offline

Default Selecting a page including header and footer to copy

I have a fairly large document with headers and footers on each page. I
would like to select an entire page including the header and footer to copy
to another new document? any help would be appreciated
Thank You
Jerry

WordBanter AI WordBanter AI is offline
Word Super Guru

Thumbs up Answer: Selecting a page including header and footer to copy

Hi Jerry! I'd be happy to help you with that.

To select an entire page including the header and footer in Microsoft Word, you can follow these steps:
  1. Click anywhere on the page you want to copy.
  2. Press "Ctrl+A" on your keyboard to select the entire document.
  3. Press "Ctrl+C" on your keyboard to copy the selected text.
  4. Open a new document where you want to paste the copied page.
  5. Click on the top left corner of the new document to place your cursor there.
  6. Press "Ctrl+V" on your keyboard to paste the copied page.

This should copy the entire page, including the header and footer, to your new document. If you only want to copy a specific page, you can use the "Page Number" option in the "Page Setup" menu to select the page you want to copy before following the above steps.
__________________
Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers

To include the header and footer, you need to copy the section break (if
any) at the end of the selection or the final paragraph mark of the
document. See http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/Formatting...thSections.htm

"JERRY" JERRY@HOME wrote in message
I have a fairly large document with headers and footers on each page. I
would like to select an entire page including the header and footer to

copy
to another new document? any help would be appreciated
Thank You
Jerry

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
JERRY[_2_] JERRY[_2_] is offline

Suzanne
This is a document that was passed along to me for my use in a project. Once
again, a new user stumped. I don't have a clue as to whether or not there is
a section break? Do you mean a hard return at end of page
Jerry

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote in message
To include the header and footer, you need to copy the section break (if
any) at the end of the selection or the final paragraph mark of the
document. See http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/Formatting...thSections.htm

so
all may benefit.

"JERRY" JERRY@HOME wrote in message
I have a fairly large document with headers and footers on each page. I
would like to select an entire page including the header and footer to

copy
to another new document? any help would be appreciated
Thank You
Jerry

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
JERRY[_2_] JERRY[_2_] is offline

When you reply you have to remember I am using 2007. It has no File heading
in its ribbon at the top of the page. I am ready to throw in the towel on
Word and go back to WP
Jerry

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote in message
To include the header and footer, you need to copy the section break (if
any) at the end of the selection or the final paragraph mark of the
document. See http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/Formatting...thSections.htm

so
all may benefit.

"JERRY" JERRY@HOME wrote in message
I have a fairly large document with headers and footers on each page. I
would like to select an entire page including the header and footer to

copy
to another new document? any help would be appreciated
Thank You
Jerry

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
JERRY[_2_] JERRY[_2_] is offline

OK
On ribbon is main heading insert, and there is sub drop down insert section
break. We will see what happens
JERRY

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
JERRY[_2_] JERRY[_2_] is offline

No that's not it either...page break and not section breah
JERRY

"JERRY" JERRY@HOME wrote in message
OK
On ribbon is main heading insert, and there is sub drop down insert
section break. We will see what happens
JERRY

"JERRY" JERRY@HOME wrote in message
When you reply you have to remember I am using 2007. It has no File
heading in its ribbon at the top of the page. I am ready to throw in the
towel on Word and go back to WP
Jerry

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote in message
To include the header and footer, you need to copy the section break (if
any) at the end of the selection or the final paragraph mark of the
document. See http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/Formatting...thSections.htm

newsgroup so
all may benefit.

"JERRY" JERRY@HOME wrote in message
I have a fairly large document with headers and footers on each page. I
would like to select an entire page including the header and footer to
copy
to another new document? any help would be appreciated
Thank You
Jerry

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
JERRY[_2_] JERRY[_2_] is offline

So, if someone thinks page or section breaks are confusing or convoluted in
MSW 97-03 format, you should take a look at what you have to deal with in
MSW 2007 under page layout/breaks

Jerry