Shrikant

Default Language Translation from English to French etc

Do we have any utility which can translate the text written in one language
into another language - say from English to French or German of Japanese ?
I distinctly remember about this possibility in some science mag about 20
years back.
Jay Freedman

On Mon, 26 Sep 2005 03:16:02 -0700, "Shrikant"
wrote:

Do we have any utility which can translate the text written in one language
into another language - say from English to French or German of Japanese ?
I distinctly remember about this possibility in some science mag about 20
years back.

Don't believe everything you read in speculative science magazines.
This has turned out to be a very tough problem, mainly because natural
languages depend so much on assumptions about context.

There are a few machine translation services on the web, including
http://babelfish.altavista.com and
http://www.worldlingo.com/en/product...ranslator.html
(and the latter is the web service used by the Research task pane in
Office 2003). The results range from passable through ludicrous to
unusable.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman
JoAnn Paules [MSFT MVP]

Those same magazines has us driving flying cars years ago and we'd all be
wearing white Spandex jumpsuits.

--

JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

wrote:

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
dalia1981 dalia1981 is offline

hello all
plz i have the translation problem i am working on clients data base .if i
enter the data record in arabic and after that another person want to retrive
the client record but in english and vice versa. is that possible in access
what is the solution for that.Is the any feature of translation in access .
note: i have access 2003 proffissional addition
with lots of thanks