Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Rtrudeau

Default How can I hide comments from others without creating a new file?

I need to forward a document in which I made comments but I don't want them
to see those comments. Is there not an option whereby I can hide my comments
from others without having to create a new file?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Carol

See the appropriate articles from this collection:

How to Minimize Metadata in Word
WD97:
http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=223790
WD2000:
http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=237361
WD2002:
http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=290945

Remove Hidden Data add-in for Office 2003 and Office XP
http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=834427

Protecting Personal Data in Your Word 2003 Documents
http://www.msdn.microsoft.com/librar...ctWord2003.asp

--
Carol A. Bratt, MCP

"Rtrudeau" wrote:

I need to forward a document in which I made comments but I don't want them
to see those comments. Is there not an option whereby I can hide my comments
from others without having to create a new file?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
garfield-n-odie [MVP]

No. If you only hide your comments and send the document that
way, then the recipient can unhide the comments if they so
desire, and comments are displayed automatically if the document
is opened in Word 2002 and 2003. If you don't want the recipient
to see your comments, then you should delete the comments, save
the "sans comments" version to a new filename, and send the "sans
comments" version.