Sammy

Default Word 2000 - Header height

I have a document that has a large height in the header. I have tried to see
if there are extra spaces or returns but there are none. I have tried
resizing the height using the ruler. The extra space in the header is
pushing the body of the text to almost the middle of the page. Nothing is
working. Any suggestions?
Joseph McGuire

You have not provided much information. Here are a few possibilities to
check in Word, e.g., Word 2000 assuming that the document was created in
Word:
--Does this happen only in this document? If so, do you know how the
document was created? In Word? Did you create this document? In Word?
--Are you sure that the space you see is actually a header rather than some
sort of empty text box? Or graphic box?
--Check for header height in Page Setup to see if the setting is reasonable.
(You did not mention footers)
--Is the header the same for all pages or just page 1? Does Page Setup call
for "Different first page?"
--Header: Go into the header and see what's there. You said there were no
obvious spaces and hard returns, but what about other possibilities? Is
there a font setting for a huge font--this is usually accompanied by a
correspondingly huge line size. Is there a setting for Paragraph/Line
Spacing? A huge spacing could cause this. What style(s) is(are) used in
the header and what are the settings for font, line spacing, paragraphs,
etc? Generally, if you create a header in Word the style of the header is
Header.
--The document might be corrupted.

Hope this may be of some help