Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement,microsoft.public.word.programming,microsoft.public.word.tables,microsoft.public.word.vba.general
s[_2_] s[_2_] is offline

Default converting tabular structures in a Word document into an actualtable or reading data from the tabular structures using VBA code

On Jun 2, 9:25*pm, "Doug Robbins - Word MVP"
wrote:
Send a copy of your document to dkr[atsymbol]mvps[dot]org and I will take a
look at it.

--
Hope this helps.

Sent that document to you.

1. Is there a software which is recommended for converting PDF
documents having tables into a
Word(2003/2007) format which preserves the table format and converts
to actual Word tables instead of tabular structures?

I attempted Very2PDF PDF to Word converter, but that converted the
tables to tabular structures with vertical/horizontal
connectors.

I tried using NitroPDF, but that too did not work. It created the RTF
document, but the tables were laid
out with textboxes or as vertically merged cells .

I used Acrobat 9 Professional, but that also could not convert the
table structure when I exported it
as a Word document. Some part came out as a picture in Word, some came
in tabular structures.

2. Is there a way to read from textboxes/tabular structures with
vertical/horizontal
connectors using VBA or some other method? If so, the files converted
through NitroPDF
would work.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.