tronners tronners is offline
Junior Member

Default Place table at top of page, within paragraph

Hi all,

I am writing a thesis and am having some problems formatting. I have a large table of data that takes up just over one half of a page. Fitting this in between text is a problem as I dont have a suitable gap where I can fit it in between paragraphs without splitting the table across two pages or having a page break which leaves a large amount of unused space.

What I would like to do is place the table (with caption above it) at the top of a page and have the text flowing around it so that the paragraph from the page before will continue after the table. In effect I would like to 'separate' the table form the rest of the text so that i either add or remove text from the page before the text will continue to flow around the table without being placed above the table on the page (i still have a fair amount of revising to do!)

I think this should be possible but just cant find a way to do it!

Thanks in advance for your help
martincrow martincrow is offline
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by axelstrong View Post
I tried to make it feel a bit more like Facebook, and added Europe on the back, along with a few other things.I dont have a suitable gap where I can fit it in between paragraphs without splitting the table across two pages or having a page break which leaves a large amount of unused space.
Hi,
Just place the table alone on the page and after that the text can be added.If it is not necessary to place the text on the same page, or some more tricks get the font size reduced, and try a different lay out, some times it fits with a new format, if nothing can help go to the search engine for finding a perfect answer for the query, i always use the searching it seem good for any type of problem.

electronic signature in word

Last edited by martincrow : February 25th 11 at 10:16 AM