Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Linda Linda is offline

Default BASIC FORMATTING IN WORD 2007

How do I add a leader tab to my text? On-line help says to use the Format
Menu and choose Tabs, but I can't find a basic Format Menu. Help!!
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jay Freedman Jay Freedman is offline

Linda wrote:
How do I add a leader tab to my text? On-line help says to use the
Format Menu and choose Tabs, but I can't find a basic Format Menu.
Help!!

You must have been reading Help for an earlier version of Word. The 2007
version doesn't have any menus, at least in the old sense. However, the
keyboard shortcuts based on the old menu system still work, so press and
release Alt+O and then press T.

There is a Tabs button in the Paragraph dialog, but when you use that,
there's a nasty bug that applies all the current paragraph settings to the
Normal style of the template -- so avoid that route at all costs, at least
until a service pack fixes the bug.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman